June 2020 Reopening
First and foremost, we’d like to take the time to thank each and every one of you for your messages of encouragement and continued support while we work to reopen the gym under the new guidelines. It means so much to us to hear how much you want to return as much as we want to and we miss everyone too! Again, your health and safety is our highest priority as we reopen, so we really appreciate your patience.
We will reopen tomorrow for general gym access and for personal training. Classes are being restructured to adhere to the new guidelines, so details for the new class structure and programming will be announced next week. Any classes that were booked were cancelled. Once we announce our new classes, please rebook. On a happy note, our very own Katie Wright and Teddy Steffel are now our new lead trainers for classes. YAY!!! 🙌
You will see new signage throughout the gym. Updates will be provided through these signs, so it is important that you pay attention to them, as maintaining the health and safety of members, guests and staff are of the utmost importance.
Here are some items to take note, which comply with the main guidelines that health officials have put in place for all gyms:
1. New hours of operation are 7am to 8pm, Monday through Friday. Saturday hours are 7am to 6pm. The gym is closed on Sundays.
2. Upon arrival at the gym, all visitors must check in at the front desk to get their temperature checked and to sign in. If you’re attending a class, you can use the Shredz Gym app to check in the class outside first, you will still have your temperature taken when you enter.
3. As of June 11th, Orange County health officials have stated that gym facilities are not required to enforce face covering usage. We encourage our members to use masks/face coverings at their own personal discretion and to respect everyone’s individual preferences of usage.
4. Visitors are not allowed to convene in groups inside the gym, for any reason. Due to the fact that we have a small facility we recommend that you use your best judgment for social distancing at 6 feet between yourself and others at all times. We will be providing visual markers within the gym to help as general distancing indicators.
5. State guidelines require all gym members to disinfect individual exercise equipment, machines, mats, and countertops, before and after their workout and usage. Shredz will provide disinfectants and wipes. If members are unable to wipe/disinfectant before and after exercise, then please let our staff know.
6. For the time being, there will be no more towel service, so please bring your own towel.
7. Usage of the water fountain is no longer permitted, however the touchless water bottle refill station is allowed. Please bring your own water bottle.
8. If you plan to use a workout mat, you must bring your own mat to use. Unfortunately until further notice, we are not allowed to provide workout mats while you workout at the gym.
We understand that these new health protocols can be overwhelming and out of the norm for all of us. In order for us to continue doing what we love, even in a limited capacity, these are what health officials have ordered us to legally follow to remain in business. Our highest hopes are for these limitations to be lifted sooner than later so we can get back to hitting the gym hard! Thank you and please let us know if you have any other questions. We are here for you, Shredderz! ️❤️ 👊 💥